Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Quick Update



Hello, friends. I'm posting a quick update to let everyone know that I'm feeling very good (almost totally recovered), and that, as you can see from the photo, Jeff and I had a wonderful vacation in Key West and South Beach (we returned on Mother's day).

My double mastectomy is scheduled for next Wednesday, May 24. I will spend a night at the hospital, recover for 2-3 weeks, and then go back to work in mid-June. Although I am not looking forward to being "knocked down" again, Jeff and I are glad to be getting this over with sooner rather than later, and the surgery recovery should be a breeze compared to chemo. I won't be able to lift the kids for 3 weeks, which will be hard on all of us, but we have the usual sentry of Grandmas and my sister coming in to help. After that, I hope to be totally done with major surgeries!

Jeff or I will update the blog after my operation.

Thanks for your support!
Shannon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cousins! You just posted this a few hours ago and I happened to check in. Glad you enjoyed a nice vacation - you both look very rested and relaxed. Jeff - when did you shave off the beard? Did you see Lisa and German?

Shannon ~ good luck next week. We will be thinking about you, celebrating that this will be your last hurdle.

Much love,
Nancy

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home