Wednesday, February 01, 2006

G.I. Jane Meets Sinead O' Connor




Hello, all! As some of you know, my hair is now gone. Some of you have asked for pics, so here you go! Zoe says that my hair is "soft", and you can see my movie star wig. It's a bit glamorous for runs to the grocery store, but it's better than my best hair day has ever been. (Since these pictures were taken, we shaved my head with a razor, so I look a bit more like a cue ball now. However, you get the gist.)

Some of you have wondered how it was to lose my hair. I will admit, when it started to fall out, it did so quickly and messily, and this was quite stressful. However, the next day we called on our friend Mary Firme and her set of hair clippers and after we took it all off, I was fine. (Thanks, Mary!) It actually was a relief. The anticipation was much worse than the actual event.

So, now I am bald, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that there are many benefits:

1. No money or time spent on hair appointments or products for a year!
2. My hair dryer, brushes, clips, etc. are out of my way and stored in the closet.
3. It takes me 15 minutes to get ready. (This is Jeff's favorite.)
4. I have an endless excuse and the sympathy of my husband that allows me to go shopping as much as I want for hats, scarves, etc.
5. As I said, my wig is 10 times better than the best hair day I've had in my whole life.

That's pretty much it. Thanks for all of your calls and inquiries. As Jeff said in his previous post, the second round was much tougher than the first, but I am feeling better each day and have acquired an iPod to help me get through round 3. (I know . . . I am very low tech for having waited this long.)

Until next time,

:-)

Shannon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both looks are great Shannon. You've got Jackie-O style and will look good in whatever you choose.

You are so strong. We are wishing you the best of everything.
Melissa & Alberto Ceja

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Looking good, Mrs. Fallick! GI Jane look - very cool - you have a great shape to your head! Make-up, lipstick and you are out the door! The new hair is very uptown! Love It! Keep the smile, it looks good on you! Happy Healing!
Wayne & Jen

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xox

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home