Wednesday, January 11, 2006

5 Embryos on Ice; 1st Chemo Done!


Hi, all. Jeff and I have been getting some inquiries about how I am doing (thank you!), so I thought it was time to update the blog.

On Monday I completed egg retrieval, five of which fertilized successfully. These embryos have been frozen and will be kept in storage until if and when we need them. Trippy!

Yesterday I had my first Chemo treatment. As you can see from the photo, the setup is pretty plush. That is a TV monitor in front of me with all of the cable channels, and we got a nice seat by the window, so it wasn't so bad. (However, there’s no Wi Fi access in the “infusion area”. Kevin: get on it!)

I got a headache during the admission of my second drug, but it went away in a few minutes. Since then, I've been taking my anti-nausea and other medication religiously, and although I am tired and have some weird symptoms, so far I have not felt sick. I sort of need to take this day by day, which is the hard part (especially for a planner like me), but I’ll take every good day I can get! I feel very fortunate to feel as well as I do.

That’s pretty much it. I have 7 more treatments to go, every other Tuesday. I will probably update the blog when I lose my hair (in about 2 weeks) so that all of you can see my fabulous wig.

Finally, I know that I’m repeating myself, but Jeff and I sincerely want to thank everyone for their e-mails, calls, favors, offers to help, etc. We can’t tell you how much it means to us. We are so lucky to have wonderful friends and family like you!

Love,Shannon

4 Comments:

Blogger Kro said...

I would like to offer to bring you over a nice meal so Jeff doesn't have to cook for the both of you, but all I can offer you is a solid shopping spree at Trader Joe's (delivery included, free!), since we don't cook anymore.

You look great!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking Good, Mrs. Fallick! Wow - can you order a manicure/pedicure while you wait? Maybe I should just send a nail file and bottle of polish with Jeff for next time; I'm sure he won't mind!
Keep the spirits high and remember...cookies make the world a better place! Hugs to you all!
Wayne & Jennifer

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You almost look like you're having fun! Stay positive and sweet. We're thinking of you always. Thanks so much for making this blog so we don't have to bother you all the time. Love ya! Nicole, Jason & Kaitlyn

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,
At least the room looks comfortable! You look great as always and we have you in our thoughts-would love to provide a meal but think it would lose it's luster in the mail! Take care, and thanks for the update!
Lou, Stew, Charlie and Annie

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home