Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chemo DONE - on to Radiation!


Hi, all

I am sorry for taking so long to update my blog. I bought a fun new camera and wanted to upload a photo from it to post on the blog, which I finally did. As you can see, it's the Fallicks on Halloween. I wanted to wear a scarf instead of a wig trick 'or treating (that thing is damn hot and itchy), so presto, I was a pirate!

I'll keep it brief, but the scoop is that I finished chemo on October 17 and felt better after about two weeks. We had a great Halloween with the kids, our new neighbors, my Dad and Steph, and then I spent 2 days at a resort in Scottsdale with my friends Esin and Stacia - what a great and relaxing break!

This week, I have 2 "dress rehearsals" for radiation and will have my first official treatment this Thursday Nov. 8, which also happens to be our 10 year wedding anniversary. So, I will get radiated and then treated to a nice dinner out. Not bad!

I will be treated every weekday for 5 1/2 weeks, which means that radiation will end on or about December 19. The primary side effects are a bad sunburn-like effect, as well as cumulative fatigue over time, but I will not feel sick and my immune system will not be compromised. I might be a bit wiped out for the Holidays, which sort of stinks, but I guess I can use this to get more sympathy presents from Jeff and my family. :-)

I hope that you and all of your families are doing well and we look forward to receiving your holiday cards, seeing recent photos, and getting updates from some of you.

Until next time . . . .

Love,
Shannon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my hero! I'm glad to hear that chemo is done and you're closing in on the finish line. You and Jeff and the kids are always in my thoughts. XOXOXO Julie Taylor

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home